[ubuntu-art] Art council/open team

Smartboy smartboyathome at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 03:48:01 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> We are a listless bunch. Very little direction and nothing to hold us
> together. (sorry to be critical. I think we need more of it)
>
> I was rolling around the idea of an art council to set rules and
> guidelines. Define what we are and what we hope to achieve. A 4 member
> group or so.
>
> But besides that, what would it do?
>
> Hell, I even question if this "team" of ours should be open and is a
> moderated team of old-timers and knowledgeable folks something we should
> have? All very tricky. Should anyone be on the art team? Might hurt
> somebody's feelings but I often wonder "How are you and why is your
> opinion important?" Now this is not something I think of when someone
> takes the time to detail out *why* they have their opinion. It's the
> crazy 1-liners like "That's ugly." or "I don't like brown." So!? Ok. Bit
> of a rant that one. :P
>
> So who are we? What's our future?
>
> I'm just kinda throwing this out there. Maybe I'm nuts.
>

> -Cory K.

Well, a page to define what we are not might be nice. IE, a page that
explains that we do not develop for the default Ubuntu artwork (that
is Canonical's art team's job), but for the community package. I think
that giving the impression that the 'team' (if you would call it that)
was open is actually in line with Ubuntu's philosophy, rather than it
giving the impression that you have to be some Picasso in order to
join the team. Yes, we do get the bad, but what is the good without
the bad?

Smartboy