[ubuntu-art] ibex concept

Toby Deemer tobydeemer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 03:45:58 BST 2008

Adam Gusztav Nagy wrote:
> hi everybody!
>
> i have a concept, and some ideas i would like to share, i hope this is
> the appropriate place to this.
> i also made a theme based on my ideas which is kind of buggy, but the
> concept can be seen.
>
> i could make the perfect metacity port of my original emerald theme, so
> i suggest you to check out the emerald first so you know how should the
> metacity look like.
>
> my main ideas are the following:
> - I think the menus should have a different color than the base color
> - the panels need some gradient and transparency i dont say mines are
> the best, but the simple solid color panels are so out of date
> - and finally i think the buttons and the other widgets should have real
> smooth animation like glowing or fading when the mouse is over them, not
> just changing the color suddenly without any transition.
>
> maybe the gradient on the top could be orangeish itself to give it some
> uniqueness.
>
> i attach an archive with all the screenshots and theme files.
>
> thanks for your oppinion!
>
> Adam

Hi-

Just a quick note on this theme-

I am currently using the GTK portion, with "Ubux2" window borders and
the Ubuntu System Panel utility as a menu. When I got your theme
configured and the window borders to use the colors of the GTK theme,
with your dark menus and theme touches, it felt to me like "coming home"
so to speak. I'm attaching a screenshot just for kicks. (Pardon the
Vista wallpaper. I like it. But I wouldn't run Vista if you paid me.)

In short, great work. Thanks a lot.

-toby deemer