[ubuntu-art] Dust menubar evolution

Adam gusztee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:48:49 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 19:43 -0700, Rico Sta. Cruz wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Just wanted to show you guys the recent unreleased developments on this
> theme.
>
> 1) Light toolbars
> The toolbars are going to be light by default. The dark, menu-integrated
> toolbars will still be used by browser- and viewer-type applications where
> the entire area below the toolbars is dedicated to content (i.e.: Firefox,
> Nautilus, Eye of Gnome, Evince...)
>
>     http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9896/dusttoolbarko0.png
>
> Rationale: Aside from the fact that the dark toolbars cause problems on
> certain apps, I wanted to create a distinction between types of
> applications, while still staying visually coherent. If you look at OSX,
> there are certain apps that use a different look (brushed metal) from the
> rest, but the interface still manages to be solid.

isnt it possible to make the opposite of it? and make the dark toolbar
default, and than define the apps (for example with the ones with java
interfaces, which cant handle the dark widget like openoffice, firefox,
freemind, etc) that would use the light toolbar?
maybe it is possible to set all the java interfaces at one place, like
widget "JAVAGtkWidget*Toolbar*"	style "murrine-default"
just a guess.
what do you think?