[ubuntu-art] The Future of Dust

Rico Sta. Cruz dropbox at ambiescent.com
Tue Sep 16 10:06:32 BST 2008

Re: Highlight color:
The tan-ish color of the latest one should be the final one. The theme
needed a more brown touch than the mockup (which had a jarring difference
between the warm brown and the cool steelblue), so it was decided to go with
a less-saturated brown.

Re: dropdown menus:
This was a compromise: they needed to be a different color from the toolbars
(to visually distinguish them when clicking on the menubar), but they also
need to be dark (gtk limitation: the menu text color has to be the same as
the popup menu text color).

Re: gradients:
Kido removed the gradients. I think this was a miscommunication between me
and him, since I showed him a mockup (with subtle gradients, that wasn't
really supposed to be what would be in the new version). Here's a version
with a new set of gradients (closer to the mockup but still not quite).

   http://dump.ambiescent.com/i/Dust-20080916.tar.gz

Re: panels:
You can make them look like the mockup's using the
~/.themes/Dust/panel-background.png panel background (right click on panel -
properties - background - background image).

Re: colors:
The colors were adjusted to be more in line with the Ubuntu colors (brown).

Re: icons:
I haven't had time to work on them, sorry. :(