[ubuntu-art] What is the art team?

Odysseus Flappington deriziotis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:29:03 BST 2008

Excuse me if I pipe in again,

On 11/09/2008, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall at gmail.com> wrote:

>  > Odysseus Flappington wrote:
>  > > I think just by slotting in the word 'community' into the definition,
>  > > you're already implying that you aren't affiliated with Ubuntu
>  > > officially, and have no decision making power in regards to the
>  > > default theme.
>  >
>  > Is this a problem for you or anyone?
>

> I do find this a bit of a problem. I like the idea (no, /love/ the
>  idea!) of a diverse community themes pack. I also think that people
>  should create a lot of high quality themes for that package and not
>  always aim at taking top slot as default theme. Of course, community
>  themes are still Ubuntu themes so would ideally follow the palette.

+1

Even a simple package in the ubuntu repos which can be installed, and then
voila you have a bunch of themes which the ubuntu community art team has
designed (and/or selected). One thing I've always found frustrating with
sites like gnome-look.org, is that it's very time-consuming to filter
through the huge amount of meterial there before I find something I like. I
believe this would just generally make it easier to make ubuntu prettier for
more people.

Additionally, it seems to me that from the moment that there's already an
argument about whether the team should disclaim itself from involvement in
the default theme or not, that the process should at the very least be
clarified in the description of the team to make sure that everyone is clear
on what they can expect. It may turn out to be pointless, but it definitely
won't hurt since it's the truth.

Alex