[ubuntu-art] Theme Updates

Conn subpsyke at eircom.net
Thu Sep 11 07:48:06 BST 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Ken Vermette <vermette at gmail.com> wrote:
> After bouncing some messages back and fourth, it doesn't seem like he's done
> any specific fixes; I think it may just be the engines themselves by the
> look of it.
>
> Either way, I'm working on a full firefox theme, so the individual CSS file
> should be near irrelavent when the firefox theme is ready.
>
> --
> -Ken Vermette

No, this isn't a problem in any of the GTK+ engines, it's a problem
with Firefox's incorrect widget class matching.

Usually it's enough to change the fg[NORMAL] value for the
"murrine-menubar" style (or whatever style is associated with the
GtkMenuBar class); unfortunately, Firefox erroneously uses the GtkMenu
class to render *all* parts of the menu (including the menubar).

A "solution" (workaround) is to set the same fg[NORMAL] in the
"murrine-menubar" *and* "murrine-menu" style sections. I don't have
access to your theme at the moment, but if you use a light menu
background, then it will need to be darkened in order to accommodate
this workaround, as the menu text will be the same colour as the
menubar text.

Conn