[ubuntu-art] Dust theme implementation

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 16:33:42 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Rico Sta. Cruz <dropbox at ambiescent.com>wrote:

> Is there any way we can get some GTK love on this theme? I'm currently lost
> at figuring out how to make the menubar have a gradient.
>
> The latest versions are always at:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme
>

> -Rico S.
>

> Kido Mariano wrote:
> >
> > I *tried* to implement the Dust theme using one of my other themes as
> > base. Try it out:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kid_orig/themer/Dust-0.tar.gz
> > (requires Aurora engine installed)
> >
> > It's still a bit far from the mockup, and some apps have problems (most
> > notably Firefox, due to quirks in the Aurora engine). Anyone care to
> > help?
> >

> > --

I also read about your firefox issue. I found a fix in the SlickneSS theme
involving "userchrome.css"; It should be in the Kin Dust theme, just replace
the text colour in the file (bottom of file) with whatever colour you want.

For the menubar, if you use a pixmap, you can just use an image with any
gradient you want. I reccoment SVG for excellent scaling.

I can get more detailed on these, but I really just reccomend downloading a
could other themes with the sttributes you need, and then borrowing code.
Kin Didymous has very similar features (It was inspired by Dust) so it has
almost everythig you're already looking for. Mind you, it's kind of sloppily
coded right now...

(GTK / Userchrome.css, I think)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Kin%20Dust?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=Human-Didymous.tar.gz

--