[ubuntu-art] Breathe - Major BZR update.

Bharat Varma nbharatvarma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:14:28 BST 2008

2008/10/3 Danny King <dannyking at gmail.com>

> Hi there Bharat,
>
> > can you give a slightly more 'layman' instructions for downloading the
> icons
> > ? i couldn't see any other way to download the icons other than
> downloading
> > each file individually.
>
> There are a few ways you could download the entire set, but the
> easiest if you are running Linux is to open a command prompt /
> terminal and do the following:
>
> Firstly check that bzr is installed:
>
> sudo apt-get install bzr
>
> Secondly download the entire breathe icon set by typing:
>
> bzr checkout lp:breathe-icon-set
>
> That will take a while, it's over 50mb (I think.) Once it's finished
> you'll have a folder with the current state of the set. Please bare in
> mind that currently we only have two or three icons (you can see them
> on the wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet) and the
> rest are just old gnome icons to fill the space.
>
> --
> - Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.

Thank you. I tried a http link with bzr co and got the icons i think.. i can
see the folder, computer and disk icons.

I do not see the trash icon. Instead i see the blue trash icon which comes
with 'Mist'. I never used basic gnome icons, so i do not know if this is the
gnome trash icon.
I didn't use the command that you have given and it is possible I didn't get
the complete icon set yet.

One thing that struck me was that the computer icon looks a bit like the
iMac image (because of the black border) but with orange colored display. At
larger sizes it looks different obviously, but at smaller sizes - say in the
toolbar of nautilus - it looks like the iMac.  iMac with orange color is
something that appeals to me. Personally, i do not want this to change too
much. Just wanted to point it out though.

--
d-_-b