[ubuntu-art] Breathe generic/blank + image emblems proposal

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 2 14:28:04 BST 2008

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Interesting idea. I would use fewer color fields for the GIF them
> though. The brighter fields for PNG do not manage to get transparency
> across.
> How about
> - landscape photography, smooth with gradients, for JPG
> - just a few colors in a grid for GIF
> - some kind of poster with a cut-out shape in front of a checkerboard
> (like used by GIMP and PS to show transparency)

Note that the current plan is to use the details from the Oxygen
filetypes. This shouldn't stop us from developing our own later but I
don't wanna get hung up on it now when we should just get the base files

> But where do these actually appear, instead of image thumbnails?

Locally one will always get the thumbnails but on network connections I
think the default turns 'em off. But there's also alot of image types
that aren't thumbnailed.

-Cory K.