[ubuntu-art] Breathe user-trash

spg76 sebastianporta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 01:47:06 BST 2008

2008/10/1 Danny King <dannyking at gmail.com>

> I really like the new grey colour and the paper is really good. Can I
> ask how you made the paper?
>
> A few things that I'm not sure about:
>
> I think the white streaks are too vivid, perhaps try making them more
> subtle and seeing how that looks? (maybe it'll be worse, just
> speculating).
>
> The left and right edges are slightly jagged, maybe either add a very
> subtle blurred object behind them?
>
> The top 'lip' of the bin doesn't have a shadow and I think it would
> (although, also subtle)
>
> I think the inside of the empty  bin is very dark. If the light is
> coming from above it would probably look very similar to the outside?
>
> The paper looks a little too white to me.
>
> The recycle icon might look better if it appeared to be etched in to
> the plastic?
>
> The black base at the very bottom of the bin doesn't look like it's
> the same material as the rest of the bin - maybe it's too dark.
>
> I realize this sounds like a very negative response so let me say that
> I think your icons are wonderful as they are and I find them very
> inspirational, I'm just trying to make them perfect.  If anyone
> disagrees with any of my suggestions I welcome debate!
>

> --
> - Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.
>
> Email: danny at gleamingpixel.co.uk / dannyking at gmail.com
> Web: www.GleamingPixel.co.uk
>
> Are you a web standards web developer that uses open source software?
> Say hello, send me a mail! I'm looking for more like me.

I updated the wiki with full version of the gray one.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions
Danny, for the paper, I edited an bitmap in Gimp and then converted to
vector in Inkscape.
Thank you for your suggestions, I used some of them for the new version.
--
Seba (AKA spg76)
http://www.ubuntu-ar.org