[ubuntu-art] New Wave

spg76 sebastianporta at gmail.com
Sun May 11 01:09:04 BST 2008

2008/5/10 Kenneth Wimer <kwwii at ubuntu.com>:

> On Saturday 10 May 2008 23:37:45 Anton Kerezov wrote:
> > В 22:40 +0200 на 10.05.2008 (сб), Giuseppe Pennisi написа:
> > > tomorrow or monday. I go out to drink a pair of beer. ;-)
> > > You're not here otherwise I would have invited to you. :-D
> > >
> > > ;-)
> > >
> > > Giuseppe P.
> > >
> > :) Wow thanks for the invitation.
> >
> > Ken wrote
> >
> > > I can help with everything up to the actual setting up of a PPA
> > > (although I
> > > can probably point you in the right direction and get some outside
> > > help).
> > >
> > > Let me know if you are interested.
> >
> > Yes I am. How are this things set up (PPA)? Do you know how to solve the
> > mozilla issue?
>
> The quick start guide for PPA's can be found here:
>
> http://help.launchpad.net/PPAQuickStart
>
> although quick might be a bit too optimistic it does seem straightforward.
>
> As far as firefox is concerned I am still pretty much in the dark as to how
> it
> exactly uses a gtk theme. I guess this will be one of the things we need to
> work on before intrepid.
>
> --
> Ken

Hello, everybody I'm testing the New Wave theme and I really like it.
I'd fix the Firefox issue creating a file name userChrome.css on my firefox
profile folder (usually "~/.mozilla/firefox/ramdom.default/chrome/") with
the following lines:

menu {
  color: white ! important;
}

menubar, menulist, menubutton, menuitem {
  color: black ! important;
}

The only thing different compared with other GTK programs it's when you
press the menu the color remains white.
Hope that this helps.
Regards.

PS: You can see how New Wave looks on my system in
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pantallazo1kx8.png

--
Seba (AKA spg76)
http://www.ubuntu-ar.org