[ubuntu-art] Windows? Mac? Gnome? KDE?

Seth Rattan seth.rattan at gmail.com
Fri May 9 16:04:15 BST 2008

I completely agree.  We should pick an idea/concept and use that for the
basis of all specific design decisions.  Whether that idea is to work with
specific visual elements (glass effects, gradients, window borders) or to
pursue an overall visual idea, we need something to guide our work besides
"this needs to be more macish" or "this looks like windows vista." We need
to build our own ideas, from the ground up, instead of defining ourselves by
the arbitrary and often unimaginative interfaces present on closed operating
systems.

Seth Rattan
seth.rattan at gmail.com