[ubuntu-art] mac-unt-ista?

maxter at email.it maxter at email.it
Thu May 8 22:25:53 BST 2008

http://www.gnome-look.org/usermanager/search.php?username=lyrae&action=contents
> Specifically the awesome Rueben theme
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Reuben?content=55876

> Anyone wanting to work in this vague direction?

Thanks Who
all the above are examples of eyes catching ideas, that may like or dislike,
but for sure are original.

and, responding to Salane (thanks for Clear Intrepid Idea...):
similar is not equal.
similarities may exist that anyway allow to consider an item original.
so, Clear Intrepid may have similarities with Aero, but looks anyway fresh
and new.
Blending ideas from differents OSes is not bad 'per se', is the way that
this mixing takes that makes the difference.

i would only see develop more than one 'mainstream' theme, to allow a
discussion on more than only one idea.

to allow a discussion it should also be interesting to have a gtk theme to
try.
at the moment only the SharpChocolate provides a theme in the wiki page
(both for metacity and emerald), and is not simple to have a real feel on
how a theme will look like only from some mokups and snapshots.
SharpChocolate itself, that looks great on the wiki page, once installed is
too dark and confusing.

Max

ps.
sorry but at the moment i'm writing from a webmail that doesn't follows the
right mail succession of the thread, so excuse me if you are reading the
list in threaded mode

 Sponsor:
 Scopri le tue passioni con Leonardo.it!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7656&d=20080508