[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 35, Issue 13

François Degrave fdegrave at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:02:41 BST 2008

Nicholas Kraak a écrit :
> NewWave seems to be coming along nicely. However I'm still not sure
> about the grey against the white, the grey looks lovely by itself but
> against that white it just feels a little strange. What I do like
> though is the non-rounded corners, rounded corners are so old now.
>
> Regards,
> -Nicholas
In fact, I do like really slightly rounded corners, not totally sharp.
On the image I uploaded, the rounding is only 2 pixels. Could it be
possible to try that?

Also, it would be nice to:
    - try windows with no border (only a thin black line, like on the
screenshot), only the top bar;
    - narrow the top bar of windows, which is currently a bit too large
(to my liking);
    - try using something a bit darker, with more contrast in the
gradient for windows and taskbar  - by the way, is there gradient in the
taskbar?
    - maybe try other fonts? I know that's a bit adventurous, but why not?

I added shadow under the active window on the screenshot. I think that
could be enough to distinguish them from inactive ones.

I like the gray menu bar in windows, but maybe it would be worth trying
other things. I'll test that a soon as possible.

Many thanks for your work Anton,
Cheers,

François