[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 35, Issue 13

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Mon May 5 10:06:19 BST 2008

В 10:02 +0200 на 05.05.2008 (пн), François Degrave написа:
> Nicholas Kraak a écrit :
> > NewWave seems to be coming along nicely. However I'm still not sure
> > about the grey against the white, the grey looks lovely by itself but
> > against that white it just feels a little strange. What I do like
> > though is the non-rounded corners, rounded corners are so old now.
> >
> > Regards,
> > -Nicholas
> In fact, I do like really slightly rounded corners, not totally sharp.
> On the image I uploaded, the rounding is only 2 pixels. Could it be
> possible to try that?
>
> Also, it would be nice to:
>     - try windows with no border (only a thin black line, like on the
> screenshot), only the top bar;

You can do it yourself if you have emerald installed. But I will make it
for you. I made it so big because 1px border is too less (for me) to
separate the contents of different windows. About the roundness - I will
see what I can do.

>     - narrow the top bar of windows, which is currently a bit too large
> (to my liking);

I made it so big because it is easier to grab. But will narrow it.

>     - try using something a bit darker, with more contrast in the
> gradient for windows and taskbar  - by the way, is there gradient in the
> taskbar?
>     - maybe try other fonts? I know that's a bit adventurous, but why not?

There is no gradient in the taskbar because I will have to use another
engine to draw it that is not preferable. If it is too dark IMO it will
make the eye go there often because of the big contrast. Though I will
make a darker version.

We will experiment with fonts later.

> I like the gray menu bar in windows, but maybe it would be worth trying
> other things. I'll test that a soon as possible.

I made it gary to separate it from the main user interface because the
menu is used less in most of the applications.

Other things like (what) ... C'mon people give your ideas.

Anton