[ubuntu-art] Ideas

Michael McKinley m.mckinley at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:29:02 BST 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Peter Mayhew wrote:
>  >
>  > Another part of the idea of Humanness is that Ubuntu should work on as
>  > many computers as possible. Compiz, blending, and other discussed
>  > require specific graphics cards or use too much processing power to be
>  > practical on many computers; these should be incorporated when they
>  > have been made as efficient as possible and when the graphics required
>  > are the minimum available, not an arbitrary level that too many people
>  > fail to meet.
>  >

>  No. Let XFCE and Open/Flux/Blackbox worry about these people.

I agree completely.  I know that most of this wasn't directed towards
me, but I just want to clarify my position.  I'm all for taking full
advantage of Compiz and the like to make Ubuntu as elegant as
possible.  My only concern with the completely borderless windows was
that it might not degrade gracefully.