[ubuntu-art] Whats Up with This?

Salane Ashcraft salane89 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:32:19 BST 2008

This is not a progression. It isn't even that different. The problem with
Ubuntu isn't the color, which has been made worse with this Alpha. Its the
widget style, which is flat and outdated. Its the fonts, which need to be
updated and can be done so with open source fonts. Its the icons, which look
like something designed for Playskool OS. Its the presentation. I will never
stop using Ubuntu, but really, if we want this to be Linux for Humans,
shouldn't we make it look as best as possible?
I am getting involved. I am learning all I can to bring my theme to life,
but it will change yet again. I am going with a lighter color than its
current golden brown, perhaps something whiter.

Could someone explain to me how pixmap themes work?

Salane