[ubuntu-art] Whats Up with This?

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 30 12:35:55 BST 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008 12:29:29 Nick Russell wrote:
<snip>
> Rather than necessarily set up opposing 'camps' (not intrinsically a bad
> thing, but it can be), is it possible for people to get involved in the
> development of this theme? - to improve the entirely-to-be-expected
> early flaws.

Yes, it is possible for others to get involved with this.

> It doesn't appear to have a statement of concept on the wiki with
> screenshots for people to comment on. I know it's possible for people to
> submit bugs against it, but I think it would be useful if it were on the
> wiki as well. The statement of concept is very important, because when
> someone says they don't like it, you can simply point them to the
> concept so they can understand why YOU like it and think it is the right
> direction to go in. You can also explain who the audience is (i.e. it
> may not be designed for the kind of people who are criticising it, if it
> is then that's when you know you need to reconsider aspects of your
> design).

Actually, this is the first update for intrepid of the long term work we
started during the hardy cycle. The wiki page just needs to be updated :-)

> IMO the wiki allows designer(s) and critics/audience to respond in a
> much less clinical/technical way to a design than does launchpad.

I am unsure what you mean by "a much less clinical/technical" way as anyone
who wants to work on this needs to have the technical skills to do so and/or
go through a more elaborate process of submitting their ideas.
--
Ken