[ubuntu-art] Mark has Thrown Down the Gauntlet!

Salane Ashcraft salane89 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:31:07 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Salane Ashcraft wrote:
>> Its just I hear stuff from people who have been here long, but what
>> have they done? Ken himself has said the art team needs to prove
>> itself to be trusted with anything substantial.
>
> Thats not really the point of the "You haven't been here long." comment.
> It's that there's a whole history of issues that have plagued the art
> team. All usually centering around the lack of real direction and being
> subject to Mark's misunderstanding of art and design.
>
> There are many talented people pn this list that can more than make
> Ubuntu rock. They are mostly just waiting to see solid change from Mark
> and Canonical. Actually, most AFAIK aren't waiting. They are done and
> over it. So what we're kinda left with now are people like you that have
> enthusiasm but no real experience.  Or, we have people with no artistic
> ability and w really shouldn't be afraid to tell them that.
>
> It's a much more complex issue than you know.
>
> So I still give a big +1 for the "sub-team" idea. I hope you work on
> your own vision of a theme, and not default. Best to hope for is that
> pieces get picked for default.
>
> -Cory

People with no experience that are helping are just as good as people
with it that are not.
Also what doesnt help is no support from those in charge.

Also- I know the issue. I have had many conversations with several
people who have been involved or are still involved. No one else is
trying for anything really.

--
Salane Ashcraft
salane89 at gmail.com