[ubuntu-art] Mark has Thrown Down the Gauntlet!

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 24 14:42:36 BST 2008

Salane Ashcraft wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Salane Ashcraft wrote:
>>
>>> I just received an email from
>>> another Gtk programmer who I recruited to help out.
>>>
>> Get them on the ML. I *really* hope they work out. I know with Studio
>> I've gone through about 20 people I "recruited". It always comes down to
>> me and maybe 1 or 2 other cool people around our community. :(
>>
>> I'm my experience things got done best when the designers/artists worked
>> directly with the person who has the final word. I really don't think
>> Mark will get what he wants 'till he's on this list and involved.
>>
>> -Cory \m/
>>
>> --
>>

> Mark made it clear to Ken and I what he wanted us to do - he wanted
> guidelines to be made, by the community, that were within his certain
> guidelines.

Which are where?

> They are well known- with Icons and the Theme, he just
> wants us to retain our identity.

Too vague. Though *I* can work with it you still run the rick of people
doing alot work that that Mark doesn't like. That has been the history
of Ubuntu art and is quite disheartening to alot of people.

> I do agree he should be even more clear, and more explanatory. But
> that doesnt matter if we dont have the people.

Clear guidelines can also get people on board IMO.

In the end the only way this really gets done is a small group of
talented people working with Ken that don't care about the wider
communities opinions. Come up with a vision/guidelines and go for it.

> Are you planning on creating a new theme for US for the 8/10 release?

Ubuntu Studio has a evolved theme for 8.10 in the works. Still very
familiar. Still dark. ;)

-Cory K.