[ubuntu-art] GTK-theme proposal

Salane Ashcraft salane89 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:00:39 BST 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Kim Kahns <post at kims-area.com> wrote:
> Am 21.07.2008 03:36:18 schrieb(en) Justin Dugger:
>> Given that this theme appears to have wheels, have you considered
>> setting up a launchpad project for the theme and using bzr to
>> coordinate some of the changes.  Even if this theme doesn't wind up
>> as
>> the 8.10 default, it seems reasonable to say there's a couple of
>> people interested in it
>
> I don't have any experience with the use of launchpad, I think I will
> just publish it on my blog If it's not going to be included.
>

> On the topic of the Emerald theme:
>
> I changed the buttons a little bit, and I also tried some different
> versions of the titlebar (maybe on one of these varitations can be
> build upon).
> I attached a screenshot as usual.
>
> ~Kim Kahns (Kimmik)

I think this looks great - and has moved past the Vista look. I was
messing arund with some stuff this weekend, and thought of an
interesting concept-  how would having the min/max/close icons have
shadows for their level of selection... a mild shadow for normal, a
more intense shadow for cursor hover, and full shadow for select? Just
a thought...

--
Salane Ashcraft
salane89 at gmail.com