[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu-Title font

Ashton cogneato at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 07:11:41 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Justin Dugger <jldugger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not saying that we should necessarily override these, but we
> should at least understand them, accept that which is good and improve
> that which can be improved.

I always assumed it (the font) to be a convenience in order to display the
brand consistently. I've never really thought of using it for anything other
than "ubuntu". Are there any examples where it is used for other purposes? I
understand the original post was attempting to use it in a biz card, and I
suppose I can see the use there, thought not the necessity. Does FedEx, for
example have their logo dual-purposed as a font?

Not trying to negate the effort to fix or otherwise improve the ubuntu-title
font. The thread just got me thinking and thought I'd share.

Ashton