[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Wallpapers, contributing to the WIki

Salane Ashcraft salane89 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 01:56:22 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Ken Vermette <vermette at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone, it's been quite some time since I've been able to work on
> themes, - but I'm back. I've caught up on (most) of the discussion (with an
> email inbox of 287 messages, never subscribe to a list and leave it for over
> 5 months)
>
> A more community approach is definitely excellent - when it comes to
> updating community wikis and creating possible standards, should we use the
> mailing list as the main means of discussion before solidifying an idea on
> the wiki, or go straight into dropping ideas into the community wikis? I
> would really like to help out on this now that I can seriously develop
> again.
>
> As mentioned, I'm able to develop again; I've graduated BMQ and I've been
> given back my rights and privledges for electronics, weekends, and all that
> good stuff. Itching for action I've already updated the Kith wiki, and added
> several wallpapers. Moslty - I'd like to know if I should move them into the
> community wallpaper wiki, as they aren't actually Kith-specific without
> starting an extra wiki page.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Kith_Intrepid#head-9851c541584c71456bdd4d3f6375fbcf1bf2cd19
>
> Thank you,
> -Ken Vermette

Good to know you are back. I love your artwork, and your theme is
impressive to say the least. I urge you to create your own guideline
list in this wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Ubuntu_8%2e10_Theme_-_Art_Team

that lists guidelines you feel like the new theme for Ibex should follow.

--
Salane Ashcraft
salane89 at gmail.com