[ubuntu-art] Whats Up with This?

nilux nilusk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:59:17 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 21:10 +0100, Conn wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM, David <thecookieofdoom at gmail.com>
> wrote :

> Kith Intrepid is an interesting concept, but that's the problem - it's
> a concept. It has not developed beyond the mockup stage, and the
> actual mockups focus more on what would be coded in Metacity rather
> than GTK! We would need to see a sample application with actual
> widgets visible such as "The Widget Factory" to really know the style
> and intent of "Kith".

According to the mockup's author, the real work is about to begin in a
few days, so I hope it can be ready in time..

> As for the buttons at the bottom of windows - it's not possible with
> GTK, as that area is reserved in applications (GtkStatusbar). This is
> another mockup that requires a major architectural change to GTK (and
> many applications) - and while it may be worth persuing, it's not
> likely to happen.

Actually I was focusing on the visual aspect of the theme and ignored
these buttons; it might be a good idea but it's not the themers work to
implement that kind of things ;)

--
nilux