[ubuntu-art] panel icons

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 05:19:57 GMT 2008

Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> Attached is a png file with ideas for the panel icons. Which is better,
> the "etched" look or the simple 2d look?

Probably not what you want to hear and repetitive - but isn't it
dependent on what the overall approach is going to aim for?

Honestly, they are both top shelf implementations, and better than what
we have by an order of a magnitude.

Not sold on the update manager 'bang' however.  Orangey yellow with that
shape from my North American slanted culture feels like a 'Pow!' is
written there.  Again though, that is completely relative to my rather
useless brain.

When it comes to complexity, the plethora of multi-coloured-nightmare 22
pixel blobs aren't doing us any help.  +632 to simplifying the mess of
Tango meaningless blobs.

Sincerely,
TJS