[ubuntu-art] "ArtPackagingSchool"

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 03:27:58 GMT 2008

Who wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 3:04 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Who wrote:
>>
>>> Cory, I mentioned ArtPackagingSchool on the wiki page about Theme
>>> Teams - are you familiar with the launchpad theme packaging method in
>>> a way that would mean you can contribute to that?
>>> I notice Troy has added a very sensible comment on the wiki suggesting
>>> we write a document not just run a school for a day on irc. what do
>>> you think? Does it exist?
>>>
>> I'm only slightly familiar with it. We mostly did our packages based on
>> example-look and help with dholbach. Our source package is cleaner that
>> example-look atm but we plan to fix that.
>>
>> We're also looking into how to make 1 source package for everything
>> needed for the art that will make multiple binary pckages. Theme,
>> wallpaper, GDM, etc...
>>
>> I'll give the wiki page a look and see if I can help. I agree a IRC day
>> is a cool idea but yeah, most likely won't be enough. Expanding the wiki
>> to address art packaging might help. I'll have to sit down and pick a
>> couple of days to really dig in.
>>
>> -Cory \m/
>>
> Great :)
>
> Now we just need some theme team leaders :P

There is the clincher. :) It really will take someone to step up and say
"Ok. I believe in this theme/concept enough to learn what is needed to
get it into Universe."

It will take learning Launchpad, BZR and working with -MOTU. If you prep
the source packages right you wont *need* to learn packaging but it
wouldn't hurt.

-Cory \m/