[ubuntu-art] "ArtPackagingSchool"

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 04:00:31 GMT 2008

I can lead a team until mid this-month, get a team off to a good start. But
if anybody has bold and unique ideas, I'd be willing to work under them.

All and all, if people are willing to put up with a guy that has a tree up
his [censored for children] for two weeks, and they just need a design
-started- but want to finish one, then I'll lead a team. In two weeks time
though, the project would need to be picked up by one of the team members.

I believe I would be best suited working underneath someone with more
experience though, and I'd hate to leave a project leaderless.

On Jan 2, 2008 10:27 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Who wrote:

> >> I'm only slightly familiar with it. We mostly did our packages based on
> >> example-look and help with dholbach. Our source package is cleaner that
> >> example-look atm but we plan to fix that.
> >>
> >> We're also looking into how to make 1 source package for everything
> >> needed for the art that will make multiple binary pckages. Theme,
> >> wallpaper, GDM, etc...
> >>
> >> I'll give the wiki page a look and see if I can help. I agree a IRC day
> >> is a cool idea but yeah, most likely won't be enough. Expanding the
> wiki
> >> to address art packaging might help. I'll have to sit down and pick a
> >> couple of days to really dig in.
> >>
> >> -Cory \m/
> >>
> > Great :)
> >
> > Now we just need some theme team leaders :P
>
> There is the clincher. :) It really will take someone to step up and say
> "Ok. I believe in this theme/concept enough to learn what is needed to
> get it into Universe."
>
> It will take learning Launchpad, BZR and working with -MOTU. If you prep
> the source packages right you wont *need* to learn packaging but it
> wouldn't hurt.
>
> -Cory \m/

-Ken Vermette