[ubuntu-art] Moving things forwards.

julian julian at selectparks.net
Thu Jan 3 00:59:48 GMT 2008

..on Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 01:09:56AM +0100, Thomas L.G wrote:
> tonic skrev:
> > well there is voting
> >
> > one man, one vote
>
> To be honest, I don't think that's enough.

of course it's not enough, but it's a start. be wary of absolutism when
considering the /potential value/ of information: navigation is a process
that relies on a talent for interpretation.

this for instance is a theme i'm not so crazy for but it has nearly 1200
diggs, posted around 16 hours ago:

	http://vdepizzol.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/gelatin/

like it or not that's information as valuable as any verbose and/or
educated criticism propagating on this list (this mockup had 5 replies
when posted on Dec 30..)

as opposed to asking "should this be the default theme?" we should have
the wisdom to ask "what is it about this /mockup/ that makes people like
it so much?".

--
julian oliver
http://julianoliver.com