[ubuntu-art] How to find the right wallpaper...

Sumit Chandra Agarwal sumit.chandra.agarwal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:34:43 GMT 2008

I do like that idea of cycling through wallpapers in the alphas. The
alpha needs default wallpaper anyway, so why waste it on old designs
when it is basically a no-risk chance to experiment?

I've only just gotten involved with Ubuntu and for a new participant it
is extremely confusing and difficult to figure out where to start. I
guess much of this comes from the nature of a community effort, but I
feel things could be bit more centralized or organized. For one, the
Wiki could use better organization and perhaps even pruning. Looking at
the Hardy wallpaper section there it is ambiguous what the section
'alternate' means. Does it mean 'alternating from what has already been'
or 'alternate packages for user download' or 'alternate preloaded
wallpaper library'? Once within the 'alternate' section those pages and
documents that are related to guidelines and design specifications are
given equal weight, and thus buried alongside, those pages that are
abandoned tests involving platypuses (platypi?).

Not to get off-topic, but how can we better organize the art and design
efforts? I ask this specifically because it is where we are most likely
to draw in new non-technical participants and those not already familiar
with the open-source process.

-Sumit