[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] applications-* and others

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 19 02:23:57 GMT 2008

Current submission thoughts:

* accessories-dictionary:
I like #2 best, the perspective of #3 and the detail in #1. Not much
help there I guess. :)

* drive-optical:
This one just seems to be stuck for now. :) If Sebastian is creatively
blocked with this one how about someone else give it a go?

* camera-photo:
I like this one as-is really. Just put together the smaller sizes?

* go-previous and other navigation buttons:
This one needs someone to take charge of and work on the navigation set
as a whole.

* applications-accessories:
I could go with either here really. If I had to pick I'd go with #3.
Thoughts?

* applications-graphics:
Talked about in other thread. If I had to pick now, #2.

* applications-internet:
#4 is fine for me and I will push to BZR now but leave it there for a
little further chat.

* applications-multimedia:
I think the use of the film strip from the Totem icon and the orange
note just don't work here.

* applications-office:
This is still in-progress.

* applications-development:
My pick is #2 here but will leave it for further chat.

* system-file-manager:
I think we could get a little more "Ubuntu feel" out of this one. I also
think it's perspective makes it the odd-ball from the other icons so
far. Even though I like it, we might have to rethink this one.

* gnome-screenshot
I like this, but one pet-peeve of mine is having the screens (or device
icons in general) being consistent throughout a iconset. So could we
base it off of "computer.svg"?

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ebreathe-dev/breathe-icon-set/trunk/download/head:/computer.svg-20080909194717-0ltd9umzu6tj4hyf-1/computer.svg?file_id=source_svg-20080904180602-4kcena7h7l22ot23-3

General comments:

Once I get a couple of things into BZR I'll release a snapshot. Maybe in
a few days. Sebastian: Do you have an issue with that? Would you like to
get a couple of icons solidified 1st?

Though I think there are some inconsistencies going on, so far, I think
we have a good thing going. Things will evolve and we pull things
together as we spot issues. Speaking of, we need to make the optical
media consistent. Currently, the media-optical disk is different from
the disk in the Totem icon. If someone can standardize on one of these
and push to the wiki I'll upload to BZR. This will also help when we
create optical media icons for DVDs and such.

-Cory K.