[ubuntu-art] Union theme

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 21:32:47 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Joshua Booth <mr.booth2145 at gmail.com>wrote:

> This theme is nice, glossy, and I would definitely use it. The ugly brown
> just doesn't have the feeling of a modern desktop. With some improvement
> Union would make a great default theme.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/Union
>
> Does anyone know of any way to get my hands on at least a beta of this
> theme? Is anyone even working on it?

At this point, Union is just an impossible theme to build with current
technology. It requires Murrine RGBA which is not supported by very many
programs. The dropdowns are also impossible.

Granted, the theme was a good jumping point, and if you check out Kith, Kin,
Tonic, and other themes, they are all derived from Union at some point, and
share similarities as more "realistic" style of Union.

On another note; I'm way too busy for the next week and a half to post
updates on Kin.

--
-Ken Vermette