[ubuntu-art] Human 2

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Aug 14 19:58:12 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 20:49 +0200, Kim Kahns wrote:

> Well, an active tab is active.  I think that's why they called them
> active in the first place.
> Am I something missing here?

I meant: it's nothing you interact with. That's why I think it should be
far away from looking like a button.

> > Looking at the short breadcrumb buttons, the darker lower corners make
> > the buttons look busy/dirty to me. Wider buttons are OK, allthough I
> > wonder what strange lighting conditions / surface would result in
> > such a
> > look.
> >

> Maybe you could explain that further because the corners of buttons
> don't change (pixel wise) if the get wider or decrease in size.

That highlight on the bottom of the buttons follows a bow. On short
buttons the change in brightness to the corners looks more drastic.
Maybe text reaching close to the ends also plays a role. Anyway, to me
things look smudged there.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: