[ubuntu-art] Intrepid Ibex

Pitr T. isitolian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:03:01 BST 2008

 Good morning, all.

 I'm a bit new to this, but I'd like to help with the art projects in any
way I can. I do some graphic design, but so far nothing professional. The
Ubuntu desktops have been quite calming and, of course, Human, but there
aren't many variations of them. At least not on the base installation.

 I think that more official background designs would be interesting for
another release; maybe patterns from nature, like the classic Windows
clouds, or incorporating photographs of animals. I know it's easy to add new
ones as a user, but if there were more which fit the 'human' theme, and more
customization, I think that quite a few other people would make the switch
to Ubuntu.

* François Degrave*'s Elements design intrigues me. The Greek Elements
incorporated into Ubuntu would make for quite an interesting design. *Anton
Kerezov*'s idea for a transparent background is also quite interesting,
but I personally would use PNG transparencies. I think that the two soft
lines used in the beige background of* Breezy Badger* could make for a good
overlay on other colors as well, but other transparencies would also be
good.

 I have recently been working on alternate theme packages for other
non-linux operating systems, including Mac and Windows 98. They aren't
appropriate for Ubuntu, (i. e. "Emo", which was done for a friend of mine),
but I think that some alternate Computer and Home Folder icons from my
archives could match Ubuntu's themes well. I could upload some sets of .png
icons if anybody is interested in working on icons.