[ubuntu-art] Dark Themes Again

xl cheese xl_cheese at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:58:11 GMT 2007

How about one theme that does both?

As long as we follow the format from the new clearlooks theme the colors can be customized from the appearance manager.

I revised the human theme to do this here  (also included parts of the new clearlooks engine for tabs, menubars and toolbars.)

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Human+w%2Bgummy+clearlooks.++?content=67957

Perhaps gutsy could use this and make an update to the human theme?

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:17:56 -0600From: newz at bearfruit.orgTo: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.comSubject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Dark Themes AgainOn Nov 28, 2007 12:15 AM, Who <mailforwho at googlemail.com> wrote:

- also power consumption is potentially higher forLCDs doing dark themes. One day I'll do some kind of benchmark,perhaps...In theory LCDs use more energy to show a black pixel than a white, but you will be hard pressed to measure a difference. I've seen some people try and the equipment readily available can't measure a diff. All of your other points are awesome, btw. I'm back to the normal human theme after about a month of using dark themes. In large part because the dark themes need more polish.Regarding another comment about dark rooms and light backgrounds, every monitor I've seen, LCD or CRT, has a readily accessible feature for dimming the screen. -- Matthew Nuzumnewz2000 on freenode