[ubuntu-art] Dark & Light - Mockup

Brad Jensen bradwjensen at mchsi.com
Sun Nov 18 05:34:01 GMT 2007

I've been fooling around in Photoshop when i get bored, and here's what
i've come up with..

Dark Mockup --
http://bradwjensen.deviantart.com/art/Ubuntu-Theme-Mockup-Dark-67903127
Light Mockup --
http://bradwjensen.deviantart.com/art/Ubuntu-Theme-Mockup-Light-69993148

This is just something i would like to see in Ubuntu/Linux..

It's simple, elegant, and saves space.

It's mainly for ideas i guess, since it most likely wont all happen..
I think Ubuntu needs more than just a theme.. it needs cleaner
functionality / simplicity.

I know some of it might not be what people would want to work on, coding
wise; like the Menu list in the Titlebar (which would have to turn into
a drop down button on the left of the titlebar when a window is dragged
to a small width), but i've seen it done in iTunes and it saves a lot of
space..  We would not really need to do everything exactly if we were to
do it like this mockup / idea..

What do people think?
I'm open to suggestions / opinions.