[ubuntu-art] more hardy mockups

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Nov 16 16:19:16 GMT 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 9:19 AM, SzerencseFia <szerencsefia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> > 2) Smooth texture. I don't know if we can implement that smooth
> > gradient going from the window frame through the menu and toolbar. It
> > might be possible to make it look good in Nautilus, but then other
> > apps will likely break it.
> The answer is yes, other apps will brake it. I have been working on this
> style of theme for a while and the bug is exactly the system wide
> application. Other apps break the toolbar part of the design. Somehow
> this has to be designed on the way where the toolbar part fits in the
> Metacity frame and the menubar part on the same way.
> here you can see different tries of mine:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/SzerencsefiaGTKIdea

I'm experimenting with it. My first impression is that it has a lot of
promise. It's a bit too colorful (the light brown looks pink, the gradients
on the tabs and buttons is a bit flashy), but it's actually an interesting
mix of dark and light. It seems to be avoiding some of the problems I've
seen on other dark themes.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode