[ubuntu-art] First idea ...

Daniel Moore daniel.a.moore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:21:25 BST 2007

Why do people even have backgrounds?
What is a background? Something you see while you are loading the
first program after  booting?

<rant>
I think logos on backgrounds, even text or symbols is not
aesthetically pleasing. A background should be equally attractive in
full view or if only a snippet is peaking out through overlapping
windows it should also look good through a semi transparent window,
it should enhance the transparency look.

That's why Mac backgrounds are so great, they carry no message but
work aesthetically. The user already knows he's using Ubuntu.
</rant>