[ubuntu-art] Who is our target audience?

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Dec 26 09:53:45 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 21:37 +0100, Damian Vila wrote:

> But the problem is not at "brown vs. blue" (or green or whatever).
> I've never questioned the use of color. I rather constrained to the
> given guidelines. And I believe this is the way I should work if I want
> to collaborate with Ubuntu.

What we have in terms of guidelines seems already willy-nilly, as
there's no strategy defined, no audience, no message, no goal.

> What I would like to see is more information. And a clear set of
> guidelines, not just a color palette.

Yes! Who wouldn't agree?

> I don't know, maybe I'm asking for too much. But I believe that we are
> not here to define the audience, or even the concept. I believe those
> roles are assigned to other people that work for Canonical. We are here
> to help reach a reasonable good and professional rendition of that
> concept for the next version of Ubuntu.

It would be preferable. But if Canonical doesn't deliver, there would be
the option for us to propose a strategy/concept/design to them.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/