[ubuntu-art] Who is our target audience?

xl cheese xl_cheese at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 24 04:58:58 GMT 2007

That is the question we need to ask.  Do we want to target noobs to linux or the vets of linux?   Maybe I'm wrong, but new linux and novice computer users are typically enticed with eye candy.  It's the veteran linux users that like things functional and plain.

I would submit that we want to bias the artwork towards new users and have it on the bold side of things.  Long time users generally change the default right off the bat anyway.

At any rate, I think it's safe to say that we, the Art Team, are getting anxious for the folks on top of the totem pole to throw us a bone and show us something official.  At least a hint of what they're thinking would be nice!  ;)  That way our enthusiasm and efforts would be directed at producing relevant fruit.

On side note, does anyone else notice that as soon as any theme or background gets the default label stuck on it the artwork becomes inferior in the eyes of users?