[ubuntu-art] 8.04 Theme

Philip Newborough mail at philipnewborough.co.uk
Sun Dec 23 17:00:32 GMT 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 4:23 PM, Jayson Rowe <jayson.rowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> This post is mostly to satisfy my curiosity. I have been using the
> 'Darkilouche' theme on my systems since discovering it a few months ago,
> and with all the talk of a dark/orange theme for 8.04, I was wondering if
> this theme has gotten any consideration? Why re-create the wheel so to
> speak if there is something already out there. I have seen this theme in
> use in TONS of screenshots around several 'blog planets', so we know a
> great number of people already like it!
>
> If you haven't seen it, here a couple of screenshots of the theme in use
> on my Laptop:
>
> http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/dirty.png
>
> http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/clean.png
>
> I just saw a post on Planet Ubuntu Users, and it made me think of this, so
> I signed up for the list to post, so my apologies if this has already been
> hashed out or otherwise brought up :-)
>
> Thanks,
>

> ~jayson

I think that was my post :) My screens of the Darkilouche theme can be seen at:

Clean: http://crunchbang.org/uploads/122207064343-desktop-clean.jpg
Dirty: http://crunchbang.org/uploads/122207064846-desktop-dirty.jpg

I'm also interested to know whether Darkilouche has been considered
for Hardy. I'm a recent convert but can vouch for its usability. I've
tried a number of dark themes over the last few days and Darkilouche
is the only one I've found that doesn't suffer from problems due to
inverted colours.

Peace,

Philip/.