[ubuntu-art] Where's the official proposed theme idea?

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 20 12:37:36 GMT 2007

Hi Ken,

I really dig the ideas shown in your mockup. Using a bit of color in the
windows seems like a great idea to me - I was actually working on some ideas
along these lines). The thing that strikes me most is that the brown seems to
be used too much. In the past we have stuck to brown with light brown and
then perhaps orange highlights on some things) which really doesn't work well
and seems to give people the impression that brown=poop.

I think that using a complimentary color would help a lot. Have you thought
about using a gradient from brown to grey in the windows? It might lighten
things up a bit, and in addition to using a compliment in the wallpaper (and
perhaps some highlights or such) would make things much livelier I think.

I would be really interested in seeing some variations of your theme idea,
perhaps with a dark grey and light grey to show something more along the
lines of what people are used to seeing.

I'll be posting some color palette ideas *really* soon (like tomorrow or so),
along with some basic things that we are looking for.

--
Ken (kwwii)