[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Mockup

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Thu Dec 20 11:49:25 GMT 2007

..on or around Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 01:10:13AM +0100, Thomas L.G said:
> Oh well since we're all mocking up now, let me throw in a suggestion as
> well:
> http://www.portefolje.net/div/mockup.jpg
>
> Based on Ken's suggestion on this list. Some modifications (darker top
> area + some reflection, hover, consistent menus, dark notifications with
> some reflection). Another wallpaper (stock-image from sxc.hu), and
> another top-panel. Please ignore the ugly notification-icons at top
> right and other glitches - it is all just photoshop mocking! Also, I
> didn't make any minimize/maximize-icons yet, I really don't think we
> should use the Vista-like ones...

hehe, i thought the absense of buttons was deliberate.

i like the idea of having no visible Minimise/Maximise/Close buttons
when a window is inactive.. this reduces the graphical complexity of the
desktop - something that should be encouraged where possible.

this of course would require that they become active on a mouse-over
event without bringing that whole window into focus. perhaps impossible
in the current windowing context.

cheers,

julian

--