[ubuntu-art] Conference call outcome

Frank Schoep frank at ffnn.nl
Sat Sep 30 14:54:12 BST 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 1:50 AM, Frank Schoep wrote:
> A quick status update: I wrote the document, I just sent it off for
> approval from Mark. As soon as Mark approves my transcription I
> will send the link to the list and we can get creating some new,
> fine pieces of art.

The directions have been approved and are available on the Wiki at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan/Polish/Directions

As stated, the directions and rules on that pages are final and
definite so we'll have to live by them.

What we're going to do now is creating artwork that follows the
directions for the upcoming week. At the end of next week, we'll have
another conference call to determine which submissions show great
promise and work on those to polish them for release.

Our main focus for this week is to try and come up with several
designs for the GDM theme and wallpaper. To accomplish that goal we
need to experiment with several variations of applying gloss to the
logo and the background, trying to integrate GDM's bottom bar into
the overall design and trying to create a wallpaper that fits in with
the new GDM and Dapper's login splash.

Two people in particular made designs that are very close to what
Mark wants. Who has done a great job at applying gloss to the circle
of friends logo so if you have the time to do so it would be
fantastic if you could try creating a design in which both the CoF
and text logo share a continuous gloss effect.

Troy James Sobotka has mastered the way to present a gloss on full
screen curves, which is why they're listed on the directions page.
Troy, if you have some spare time could you explain us how you
created the chocolate designs and maybe try your hand at a design for
the new GDM or wallpaper?

Thanks to all of you artists for sticking around. I know it's been a
tough ride at times, but I'm sure these new and detailed directions
provide us with a shortcut to Mark's ultimate design.

With kind regards,

Frank Schoep