[ubuntu-art] From the Fedora User to the Ubuntu Art Team: Here's your big competition...

PingunZ pingunz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:09:46 BST 2006

I don't like the fedora artwork a lot.
Its just polished, that's what makes it so good.
Novell has the same, it looks nice because it is polished.
If you make every splash, gdm, wallpaper, .. based on ONE image you get a
VERY nice result.

So .. a grub image, usplash, gdm, gsplash, wallpaper, some app splashes (
OOo, xara, gimp, .. ).
For the gtk/metacity, just use contrasted colors and for the icons just make
them fit in :)
Meaning, if the GDM is glossy, the icons should be too..

IMO this is the worst thing about ubuntu-artwork. It doesn't look bad, its
just not polished.
( I'm talking about dapper )
You have no grub-splash, you have an old looking gdm, with a new shiny
gsplash.
A very ugly wallpaper, totally not fitting any rest of the theme..

If ubuntu-art wants to concuer with Suse or Fedora they _will_ have to
polish !!

Cheers