[ubuntu-art] FC6' s DNA

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Tue Sep 12 12:36:22 BST 2006

Chuck Huber wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 18:14 -0400, Viper550 wrote:
>
>> I have found the final artwork for Fedora Core 6 (the next version of my
>> preferred Linux distro), and I will tell you one thing now: It's going
>> to wow you from your eyes to your DNA literally, because instead of
>> widespread bubbles, we have double helixes everywhere now!
>>
>> http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6graphics/
>>
> <snip>
>
>> Viper550
>>

> <snip>

Yeah, apparently, not many people liked the Bubbles theme going on in
FC5. If anyone wonders: The GTK theme they use is Cairo Clearlooks, and
the Clearlooks 0.6 metacity (NOT the Clearlooks 2 metacity from
FC5...which just happened to get modded into the Human metacity). Oh
yeah one more thing: Fedora Core 5 has a patch in gnome-session that
moves the icons up on the splash screen (which I really hate). Then,
Bluecurve is getting the boot anyway with the new Echo icons (which look
totally awesome (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment ,
you can download them there too!). Also, I think they chose DNA because
their new logo kinda looks like DNA, and it shows off the 4 elements of
the new logo "Infinity - Progress - Technology - Evolution". But
still...AWESOME!

Viper550