[ubuntu-art] Edgy's current art looks like fecal matter :O

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 12 10:34:18 BST 2006

I fully intend to have input into this process, but it has all come at
the most unfortunate time - I am moving out of my current house back
home before next term at uni and I have been without my PC for neraly
two weeks, my only net access is at work where I am franticly trying
to train new people and finish off my project! When I get back home
(two days) I will see you both on IRC :)

I will try and give some constructive criticism on the new artwork
here quickly - obviously I hasve only viewed it, not _used_ it...:

I find it too dark, I think the direction we wandered in during the
development with more reds, caramels and oranges gave more
professional, attractive results. Brown is much less forgiving because
people will quickly make negative connections if the art is not
_perfectly_ conveying what we want it to.

I find the texture/mottled look offputting - I like things to be
'milky' and 'smooth' like the Lsplash and GDM mocks I put up that are
swirly (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan/Produce/Incoming/WhoGDM)

I think the logo could be glasserised better - I am interested in
seeing what the glassy logo I have been working on during Edgy
releease cycle will look like on that work.

Does that help at all?

I'll be doing more work soon,

Who