[ubuntu-art] [ARTICLE] Relevant to our recent Ubuntu sound work...

Chuck Huber chuck at lagunadata.com
Sun Sep 3 08:55:05 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 12:46 -0700, Troy James Sobotka wrote:
> http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/08/24/the-startup-sound-in-vista/
>
> It gives you a little insight into the development process
> of MS, and is quite an interesting read.
>
> Sincerely,
> TJS
Good one Troy.  That's relevant in a number of ways right now.  To me it
really underscores the silly processes MS is going through with Vista
and the main reason it's not out yet.  How could lawyers and legal
advice be needed or even helpful for a few simple notes?  And to think,
all the drama in those posts is over a startup sound that the people
haven't heard yet!

Makes you glad to have a sbdfl and AIC to make decisions in a matter of
moments that a mega corporation takes weeks or months debating.

And of course it also brings to light the reason that Bug #1 is so
fixable/attainable.  Despite Vista being postponed time and time again
they still can't seem to speed up certain aspects of their development
process.

--
Chuck Huber <chuck at lagunadata.com>