[ubuntu-art] Proposal : Ubuntu-Art forum.

PingunZ pingunz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:54:03 BST 2006

*An Ubuntu-Art forum.*

 This is a text based on an idea I had when I joined ubuntu-art.

I modified it a month later, so that I wouldn't tell any lies :)

The general idea is an artwork forum, replacing launchpad, the wiki and the
Mailing List.

It explains the difficulties for beginners and tries to solve those
problems.

Enjoy :)

 *a ) Current State.*

 - Register to launchpad.

- subscribe to the mailing list.

- Join the irc channel.

- Register to the wiki.

 This causes a lot of work to stay updated.

You'll have to check your mail, the wiki and launcpad.

Eventually even join the irc channel.

 *b) Future State. ( With the forum )*

 - subscribe to the forum.

- Eventually subscribe to threads / forum sections.

- Join the irc channel.

 A forum is easier to join and to stay up-to-date.

 *c) Goods.*

 - Forums are more structured.

- Its easier to join, attracts more new artists.

- Easier to stay updated.

- No more refering to wiki's anymore, just post the image.

- Easier to post and find guides.

- Discussions and feedback will be easier to track

- Only one site to check.

- Proposals, mockups are easier to publish.

 *d) Bads.*

 The risk of spam, flaming, .. But that is also possible in the mailing
list.

Feel free to add some :)

 *e) Forum Layout.*

 *Support* : Questions about program functions can be found here.

*Bugs* : Current bugs in the artwork can be posted here.

*Produce* : Icons, wallpapers, *DMs, usplash', ... The real produce phase
runs here.

*Howto's and guides* : User posted guides about making art or using
programs,..

*Incoming* : Members post mockups, others revise it. Maybe even realise it.

*Projects* : New programs or projects can be introduced here.

*Calendar* : The ubuntu-art Calendar.

*Artwork Cafe*: A place where artists can chill out after a hard day of
work.

 *f) Goal*

 The goal of this idea is really simple, attract more artists to join
ubuntu-art.

And let them work more structured.