[ubuntu-art] proper logo alignment

Jane Silber jane.silber at canonical.com
Mon Oct 16 11:04:23 BST 2006

Hi folks -

I'd like to call everyone's attention to a new attachment on

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official

If you scroll about halfway down there is a link to a pdf file which
shows the Ubuntu logo drawn with gridlines which indicate the proper
construction of the logo.

I've seen lots of logos floating around which seem to place the logo
components (e.g., the "heads" and "bodies" of the circular device, the
word Ubuntu aligned to different parts of the circular logo) in
different locations.  There is actually a logic behind the logo
construction, and we'd like to see those alignment rules followed in any
logo use.

If you are doing anything at all with the logo, please check out those
gridlines/alignment principles.

Thanks,
Jane