[ubuntu-art] Branching Feisty Artwork

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:29:20 GMT 2006

On 11/22/06, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,

snip snip

> Apart from that, I'd like to drop the individual themes from
> ubuntu-artwork. gray-theme, industrialtango-theme, legacyhuman-theme,
> outdoors-theme, resilience-theme, silicon-theme have been part of
> Ubuntu's default for 2 releases now and I think with feisty we should
> add something fresh. This is not my call, but I'd like to discuss it
> here.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Have a nice day,
>  Daniel

These could be replaced by some of the theme teams' work - it would be
nice to increase the visibility of the *look  themes a bit because I
wonder how many people actually know they are there.

Some of the stuff there might be worth keeping though - We have
nothing like gray anywhere else (while we do have other clearlooks,
industrial and ubuntulooks themes)

Are there plans for a gtk theme colour selector for 'normal users
(I.E. with a nice GUI) because if so then we can really drop silicon,
outdoors, etc...

Thoughts?